As You Like It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
As You Like It

Forum for Grade 12 Business Leadership course. BOH4M

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Publicity and the Website

Go down 
+3
Da
William
komeara
7 posters
AuthorMessage
komeara

Publicity and the Website Empty
PostSubject: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Publicity Team,

I need someone to work with the IT team to review and edit all the information that gets posted on the website. Joon Soo is in charge of content and DA is the webmaster. As publicists it is very important to get involved and make sure the website looks fantastic to the public.

Thanks,

Ms. O
Back to top Go down
William

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 am

Before the website is going to be fully released to the public we'll make sure all grammar and spelling is double checked over again, rough notes are usually taken on the website first, then edited after.
Back to top Go down
Da

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:08 pm

sounds goood:)
Tell me if theres anything that we can do
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm

on snap richmond hill it ask me about description so im going to use sally's
This year Richmond Green Secondary School's musical theater class will be putting on a musical, a very exciting modern adaption of William Shakespeare’s play, As You Like It. The play has been written by two teachers at Richmond Green and the dialectic utilises current terminology, featuring the same characters and plot as the original play. Our rendition of As You Like It takes place in the Kensington market, along with other well known areas in Toronto. Because this is a modern version of the play, the production will feature popular contemporary songs, such as Knock You Down, Love the way you lie and Don’t Stop Believin.
For more information visit:https://sites.google.com/site/rgssasyoulikeit/home
is it okay? and i want to put something on the ticket information, but i dont know anything about that? at the door, but what if they want to purchase before or ask questions
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Music rights.....Put off ...AGAIN.   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 pm

So I made calls during my spare 4th period, to Universal and Sony once again. I was redirected to the same people that were supposed to be "back from vacation", but they were occupied. So once again, I was put off. I'm going to keep on trying until I get it Sad
Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:16 pm

I've already done all the website editing stuff.. i posted it in another part of the forum

Eman: I think you need to include ticket info if you're discription. This is what I wrote in terms of ticket, location and date info for my letters:

The performance will occur on December 1st and 2nd at 7:30pm in the Richmond Green Secondary School Cafeteria. The address is 1 William F. Bell Parkway, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4S 2T9. The ticket prices are as following: $10 for adults, $7 for students and $5 for children. If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to contact ______________

Go ahead and use it if you want Smile. And also, are you sure we can put the webite out? It's not done yet, so I'm not too sure if you can. It wouldn't look too good if people went on the incomplete website.

Sam: I think we should all try contacting them since it's so difficult Sad

Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 pm

and more advertisy? Pricing, how could i forget! thank you and the other information is included, is going to get done by the end of this week and Da put under construction so it doesn't look that empty but i was thinking the same thing.
Yess for the phone calls, ill try early morning maybe? Sam could you put the revised numbers up please?
Back to top Go down
komeara

PostSubject: Contact Info   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Yes we can put my info out incase anyone has questions. Just have them contact Karen O'Meara at (905) 780-7858. They can also buy tickets at the door. I think it is good to put the website on all information. Let's see if IT can clean up the website by the end of the week. Any info we don't have yet can just remain under construction.
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:59 pm

One newspaper finished:)
Your Event Has Been Submitted
Your submission will appear in the calendar once we have had the opportunity to review it.

Thank you for your submission to SNAP Richmond Hill! We look forward to covering your event and/or including it in our monthly calendar listing as requested. Please be sure to notify us by phone with any changes to the date, time or venue of your event. For all such changes, please provide at least 48 hours notice to ensure your event is not missed or published incorrectly.

Please note that due to the high volume of event submissions, not all events can be covered. Should we be unable to attend your event as requested, we will contact you based on the information provided.

Thank you and we look forward to meeting you in person soon.
Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Ms O'Meara: I will include the website and your contact info in the letter Smile

EMAN! YAY! Smile It is forsure going to be in the newspaper? I posted something similar on blogto and they said they need to review it first as well.
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 pm

I contacted Catherine Jones from universal and she said were under SOCAN, and i said they suggested we ask you and shes like"Oh, absolutely" Smile
and i left a voicemail for sony and if they dont call back by tommorow, then ill call again and ask for an email.
Back to top Go down
Ellia Dharamsey

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:05 pm

hey,i'm from the financial team and just wanted to know whether you guys are going to spend any money or not?
just want to be kept updated because i need to handle the budget and everything Smile
Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:08 pm

eman: finally! Smile now we just need to contact sony! good job! Smile

ellia: as of right now, we are not planning on spending any money. however, if we do, i will let you know! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellia Dharamsey

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:23 pm

alrighty,thanks =)
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm

I submitted in events for toronto.com and yorkregion.com and i have resubmitted the event for SNAP Richmond Hill
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:19 pm

I called today, and got Catherine's email. Her email is catherine.jones@umusic.com
I'm gonna write a basic template for emails. Eman, could you email Catherine Jones, because you've already spoken with her? Below is just a little template, but you can change it up Smile
Thanks! Very Happy
Smile

Dear ???

I am a student from Richmond Green Secondary School, and our school is putting on a musical this year.This musical is a summative evaluation for the Musical Theatre class, and we have a few songs that are published under Universal Music, that we plan on singing and performing.

We have already contacted SOCAN, and we are exempt under them because the performance is an evaluation. However, they've asked us to make sure that we get the thumbs up from the publishing companies. I've already contacted you earlier, and you said that we were exempt as well.

But we just need a confirmation email from you that we can document. Just so we have written approval from the publishing company.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:44 pm

I edited the email a bit:

Dear Catherine,

My name is _________, I recently spoke to you on the phone regarding the music rights for the Richmond Green School musical.

The musical we are putting on is a summative evaluation for the Musical Theatre class. We will be singing numerous songs owned by Universal music live. In addition, we will be putting on a night show of the performance and selling tickets to the public. The reason for the sale of tickets is because we want to cover the costs of putting on the show.

We have recently contacted SOCAN, and they informed us that we are exempt under them because we will be selling tickets and putting on a night show. They asked us to contact you in order to obtain the rights to the music. When we spoke earlier, you informed us that we are allowed to utilise the music. We just want a confirmation email, so we can domcument it and have a written approval from the company.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you

Sincerly,
_________
Back to top Go down
komeara

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Publicity Team,

I am really impressed with all the hard work you have put into this project! You are all doing such a fantastic job. I like the email. I changed the last paragraph slightly. See below...

We have recently contacted SOCAN, and they informed us that we are exempt because the show is curriculum related and is being performed as a final examination. However, because we will be selling tickets and putting on an evening performance to cover our costs, they asked us to contact you in order to obtain the rights to the music.
Back to top Go down
Da

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Can I put songs under "song list"? Is that legal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Publicity and the Website   Publicity and the Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Publicity and the Website
Page 1 of 1