As You Like It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
As You Like It

Forum for Grade 12 Business Leadership course. BOH4M

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Website Requests

Go down 
+2
Da
komeara
6 posters
AuthorMessage
komeara

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi IT Team,

The website is up and running. This is great! Thank you for working so hard.

Let's take the trailer off. We would like to add some of our own video footage when we have it so, good thinking. Also the map is not showing properly.

Here are some ideas for headings:

Show Information
- Tickets
- Plot Summary
- Character Synopsis
- Song List
- Directors Vision

Education Programs
- Elementary Performances
- Pre-Show package and video conferencing

Cast and Crew
- Tech Crew Bios
- Cast Bios
- Director's Bios

Pictures

On-line Blog - follow the cast members as they go through the show experience

Richmond Green Drama Department News

I noticed that there are some spelling and grammar mistakes on the website. I would like to assign someone from publicity to edit all the uploads.

This is a good start for now.

Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 pm

okay
Back to top Go down
sally

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Hey, I looked over the site and I think there are a few changes that should be made:

1. I think we should change the "about the play" section of the website. I wrote a letter to the elementary schools and for my description, this is what I wrote:

This year Richmond Green Secondary School's musical theatre class will be putting on a musical, a modern adaption of William Shakespeare’s play, As You Like It. The play has been written by two teachers at Richmond Green and the dialectic utilises current terminology, featuring the same characters and plot as the original play. Our rendition of As You Like It takes place in the Kensington market, along with other well known areas in Toronto. The areas featured in the play will be recorded and later projected onto a screen during the performance. Because this is a modern version of the play, the production will feature contemporary songs, such as Knock You Down, Love the way you lie and Don’t Stop Believin.

This play will feature the students of Richmond Green Secondary School’s musical theatre class, along with the assistance of numerous other students and staffs. The students will be singing live and dancing. The choreography featured in this production will be created and taught by a professional choreographer.

2. Under the "Characters Synopsis" part, the spacing isn't the same for every character. I think it should all match.

3. Under the "ticket information" section is should say "with a student card" not "who has student card".

4. On the homepage under the "As You Like It" part I think it should say something more captivating. Perhaps something like: A new and innovative approch to William Shakespeare's play As You Like It

5. I think we should try to involve the cast of the show more with this site. It would provide the public with a bit more information and gain the interest of more people. Maybe we can have an area where members of the cast write a blog (e.g. like following their journey with this play or randoms comments they want to post).

Also, if possible can you guys try to finish the website asap. A lot of the companies my team and I are contacting want the link to the official website.

I hope this helps. When you guys add more, I can try to edit everything again!

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emanali

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:03 pm

For the areas that are blank, until we get something do you want to put under construction? This way people will know we are working on it?
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:53 pm

emanali wrote:
For the areas that are blank, until we get something do you want to put under construction? This way people will know we are working on it?

Rolling Eyes Good idea
Back to top Go down
sally

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:30 pm

the first page of the website seems a little crammed and squished... is there anyway you can make the font smaller? i think that would be more appealing Smile
Back to top Go down
komeara

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Thank you everyone for all your comments under this section. Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 pm

crammed? ok
Back to top Go down
sally

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 pm

I looked over the website AGAIN and I fouind a few more things that I think need to be changed:

-I don't think you can put a song on the home page YET, because we still don't have the music rights. i can let you know when we do get the rights

-Under the song list part, I think you should include the artist

-Do we have to put the little weather thingy on the side of the home page? If not, i think we should remove it.

- For the contact us part, maybe you should make it more specific. Perhaps, tell them to contact the drama department?

But other than that, I think the site is starting to look really good! Smile I hope we can start promoting the site to the public soon! Smile

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
emanali

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:58 pm

The website has come a long way and its look very very very good! Good job guys!
Back to top Go down
jeff lee

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 pm

The information in each section seems to have different font sizes. I suggest that they're all the same to look more professional. ex one font size for all headings, one font size for all body
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. Razz
Back to top Go down
sally

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Hey,

There are a few changes I think you guys should make Smile

Under the song list section the song it knock you down, not knock's you down.

Under the ticket information, I don't think you should include the ticket prices for adults and students under the elementary performance because that performance is only open to schools. Also, you have the wrong time for the elementary performace. It's 9:30-11:30AM

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:35 pm

Thank you Sally Laughing
Back to top Go down
komeara

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Da,

The Website is looking really good!

The Elementary Performance under ticket information is still wrong. It should be from 9:30 -11:30.

Also, the plot summary should probably go in under construction until I get you something. The summary you have is from Shakespeare and our plot is a bit different. I will get my musical theatre students to write something.

I should have the bio's to you this week.

Can you put a section for Cast Blogs?

Thanks Da!
Back to top Go down
William

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:05 am

I'll fix that for him, I'm still wondering if we could still put a background music to the website though, integrated would work pretty well, not sure how the copyright works though..
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 am

William wrote:
I'll fix that for him, I'm still wondering if we could still put a background music to the website though, integrated would work pretty well, not sure how the copyright works though..
fix for me affraid how?
I have already put music in music list section, so anyone wants to listen to the music can just click on the quick player button.
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:39 am

William, Can you PS a header logo for the website. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
William

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:45 am

I can edit the site too, haha. Yeah sure, I'll make one asap. Been busy with accounting.
Back to top Go down
Da

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:57 am

ms.omeara,

"put a section for Cast Blogs"
Do I need to make a blog for cast or Just put a section in under construction?
Back to top Go down
emanali

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Hey,
On the home screen, the show information, i think it should be more commercial and should promote the show, rather than informational. I have a news article that Ms O'meara and I put together if you think its appropriate:

December 1st 2010, will be the opening night for Richmond Green Secondary School’s rendition of Shakespeare’s play As You Like It. As You Like It is a modernized version of the play warped into an exciting musical.
The musical embraces new music inspired by the popular television series Glee, including Don’t Stop Believin’ and Somebody to Love, as well as other well-known songs Knock You Down, Love the Way You Lie and Waka Waka(This time for Africa).
As You Like It is a play about self discovery and finding true love. The main characters, Rosalind and Celia’s lives begin to fall apart when Rosalind is thrown out of the house. They feel disillusioned and embark on a humorous and romantic journey to discover their inner selves as they navigate their way through the colourful streets of Toronto’s Kensington Market. As You Like It is a heart warming story that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Don’t miss this exciting musical journey. You will be amazed by the talented cast and crew. We promise they will capture your heart.
The event is open to all members of the public and we hope to see you there!

As well, for the song page, maybe you could add who the original artist is, just so people know ( maybe they know the song but not the artist and vice versa).
And finally, the ticket information, maybe you should change the ticket information, where you wrote regular performances to Night Performances . Smile
Back to top Go down
emanali

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey guys,
Under song list-Love the Way You Lie, you can still play the music. I thought Ms. O'Meara didn't want the music. And now i have a little annoying thing under Contact Us- Drama department. The D in department should be capitalized, also i think we should make an email for As You Like It, and place it under contact us, since most people prefer email now day then the telephone. And why is plot summary under construction when it is completed? Maybe do Original Plays Plot Summary, then add it on.
Sorry I'm being really picky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Website Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Website Requests   Website Requests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Website Requests
Page 1 of 1