As You Like It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
As You Like It

Forum for Grade 12 Business Leadership course. BOH4M

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Media(newspapers, events, radio)

Go down 
+2
sally
emanali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
emanali

Media(newspapers, events, radio) Empty
PostSubject: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:45 pm

This is our post in yorkregion.com
http://calendar.yorkregion.com/?viewtype=month&date=2010-12-1
and it is still under approval from my latest edit.
As well for the price I only have 2 options, free or price and i can only enter one price, so i choose the least$5, to attract attention, Do you think this is a good idea?
And we are still awaiting replies from CHRY and SNAP, and again The Liberal told me to try contacting them again in the middle of November.
Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Ii think you should put $10 because I think most people going will be adults.
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Marketing strategy Sally! But okay
Back to top Go down
William

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 pm

I think posting a cheaper price would attract more attention for people. But anywhere from 3 to 10 is fair game.
Back to top Go down
komeara

PostSubject: Media   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 am

Looks great Eman! 5$ is fine.
Back to top Go down
TRWalter

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Hey Media Relations People Very Happy

Has anyone considered contacting TE Media to see what they can do for us?

-TR Walter
Technical Crew Lead
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 pm

http://temediaproductions.com ??
Im sorry i have no idea what you're talking about
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 pm

And who ever put this http://www.blogto.com/events/28851 could you please fix the title:)
Back to top Go down
TRWalter

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:05 pm

My fault BYTE media.

http://www.bytemediainc.com/Home.html

Public Electronic advertising. This company runs the advertising done with VIVA in York Region. If youd like more information/contacts let me know.

-TRWalter
Technical Crew lead
Back to top Go down
TRWalter

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 am

Byte Media got back to me this morning

Key Notes from conversation:
- 5-10 Minute Showing
- 24 Hours a Day
- 7 Days a week
- Every viva bus in York Region
- Full Screen Ad
- Still Picture Ad

They will be e-mailing me details regarding exact pricing and required formates (needs to be in widescreen) since we are getting a full screen ad.

-TRWalter
Technical Crew Lead
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:09 pm

They said $500?
Ms. O'meara told us it would be too pricey?
Back to top Go down
William

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:20 pm

If these ads can be broadcasted throughout York Region i think that 500 bucks is worth it, the ticket sales should be more than enough to cover ~ a quarter of this cost.
Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 pm

eman, i can't fix the title! i think it naturally went like that because the original title i submitted was too long. maybe i'll try posting it again
Back to top Go down
TRWalter

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Yes they did say 500. The normal price is 2,000 for the time frame and the type of ad. Ive worked it down to 500 and think that it would be a good investment because its being brocasted across the Region not just locally (Richmond Hill). It is a option but if you guys don't believe it is worth it then the space can be used for other things. Let me know what you guys decided so I can e-mail the President back either way.

-T.R.Walter
Technical Crew lead
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Wow, good job! But as Ms. O'meara mentioned to us, we don't think many people who ride the bus would be interested in watching a high school musical. And we also didn't want to spend any money advertising the musical since we are spending money on other parts and we are still unsure of the pricing for the musical rights.
Back to top Go down
TRWalter

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm

Fine by me. The contact and everything is there if we need it. It's up to the business class where they want to spend money on advertising. Im just bringing you options to look at.

-TR Walter
Technical Crew Lead
Back to top Go down
William

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Honestly I think the advertising fee is worth the money to have our show broadcasted across York Region.
Back to top Go down
sally

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:54 am

We talked to Ms O'Meara about the advertising already and she doesn't think it would be a good idea. Firstly, it's really pricey and secondly, we don't believe that the ads will appeal to the people that would actually go to the play.
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:52 am

Back to top Go down
Tesia

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:23 pm

emanali wrote:
http://www.snaprichmondhill.com/index.php?option=com_sngcalendar&Itemid=5&lang=en

Good job, Eman! Do you know if they're posting it in their newsletter as well?
Back to top Go down
emanali

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:12 pm

yes it is in the newspaper calendar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Media(newspapers, events, radio)   Media(newspapers, events, radio) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Media(newspapers, events, radio)
Page 1 of 1